[ANN] FEMTEC: Trac on open source scientific software

[ANN] FEMTEC: Trac on open source scientific software

Gael Varoquaux
Hi list,

This is just a note that an extra track at FEMTEC, a conference for
computational methods in engineering and science, is open for open source
scientific software. The organisers have a taste for Python, so if you
want to submit a paper on numerical methods with Python, this is an
excellent venue. Abstract submission is open till end of February. To
submit you need to create an account and edit you profile.

Gael

The 3rd International Conference on Finite Element Methods in Engineering
and Science (FEMTEC 2011, http://hpfem.org/events/femtec-2011/) will have
a track on Open-source projects and Python in scientific computing.

FEMTEC 2011 is co-organized by the University of Nevada (Reno), Desert
Reseach Institute (Reno), Idaho National Laboratory (Idaho Falls, Idaho),
and U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (Vicksburg,
Mississippi). The objective of the meeting is to strengthen the
interaction between researchers who develop new computational methods,
and scientists and engineers from various fields who employ numerical
methods in their research. Specific focus areas of FEMTEC 2011 include,
but are not limited to, the following:

    *   Computational methods in hydrology, atmospheric
      modeling, and other earth sciences.
    * Computational methods in nuclear, mechanical,
      civil, electrical, and other engineering fields.
    * Mesh generation and scientific visualization.
    * Open-source projects and Python in scientific computing.

Part of the conference will be a software afternoon featuring open source
projects of participants.

Proceedings

Proceedings of FEMTEC 2011 will appear as a special issue of Journal of
Computational and Applied Mathematics (2008 SCI impact factor 1.292), and
additional high-impact international journals as needed.

Re: [ANN] FEMTEC: Trac on open source scientific software

Anass-2
Gael Varoquaux <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi list,
>
> This is just a note that an extra track at FEMTEC, a conference for
> computational methods in engineering and science, is open for open source
> scientific software. The organisers have a taste for Python, so if you
> want to submit a paper on numerical methods with Python, this is an
> excellent venue. Abstract submission is open till end of February. To
> submit you need to create an account and edit you profile.
>
> Gael

> The 3rd International Conference on Finite Element Methods in Engineering
> and Science (FEMTEC 2011, http://hpfem.org/events/femtec-2011/) will have
> a track on Open-source projects and Python in scientific computing.
>
> FEMTEC 2011 is co-organized by the University of Nevada (Reno), Desert
> Reseach Institute (Reno), Idaho National Laboratory (Idaho Falls, Idaho),
> and U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (Vicksburg,
> Mississippi). The objective of the meeting is to strengthen the
> interaction between researchers who develop new computational methods,
> and scientists and engineers from various fields who employ numerical
> methods in their research. Specific focus areas of FEMTEC 2011 include,
> but are not limited to, the following:
>
>     *   Computational methods in hydrology, atmospheric
>       modeling, and other earth sciences.
>     * Computational methods in nuclear, mechanical,
>       civil, electrical, and other engineering fields.
>     * Mesh generation and scientific visualization.
>     * Open-source projects and Python in scientific computing.
>
> Part of the conference will be a software afternoon featuring open source
> projects of participants.
>
> Proceedings
>
> Proceedings of FEMTEC 2011 will appear as a special issue of Journal of
> Computational and Applied Mathematics (2008 SCI impact factor 1.292), and
> additional high-impact international journals as needed.

Hi, Professor, thank you a lot for this information, but I was wondering
if there is a possibility to assist to the event online for the students
who can travel.

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 03:09:04PM +0000, Anass wrote:
> was wondering if there is a possibility to assist to the event online
> for the students who can travel.

You should ask the local organizers, femtec2011(a_t)unr(d_o_t)edu but I
suspect not, as the organization committee is small.

Cheers,

Gael