[ANN] first full alpha release of PyLab_Works v0.3

[ANN] first full alpha release of PyLab_Works v0.3

stef mientki-4
hello,

I am pleased to announce the first full alpha release of PyLab_Works, v0.3.

PyLab_Works is a modular Visual Development Environment, based on
data-flow programming technics. PyLab_Works is specially aimed at
Education, Engineering and Science. The ideas behind PyLab_Works are,
that the final user should not be burdened with programming details and
domain details, whereas the domain expert should be able to implement
the specific  domain knowledge without being a full educated programmer.

You can always find my notes on PyLab_Works on
   http://pic.flappie.nl
Most of these pages are also collected in a single pdf document, which
can be found here:
  http://pylab-works.googlecode.com/files/pw_manual.pdf

The source code and a one-button-Windows-Installer can be found on
codegoogle:
  http://code.google.com/p/pylab-works/
The files are rather large, because they contain some data samples.
The Windows-Installer contains everything you need to get started with
PyLab_Works: ConfigObj, gprof2dot, HTTPlib, MatPlotLib, Numpy, Pickle,
Psyco, pyclbr, PyGame, PyLab_Works, PyODBC, Python, RLCompleter, Scipy,
Sendkeys, SQLite3, SQLObject, URLparse, wave, Visual, win32*, wxPython.
Although the PyLab_Works programs are compiled with Py2Exe, all the
source files are explicitly included.

have fun,
Stef Mientki

Re: [ANN] first full alpha release of PyLab_Works v0.3

Alan G Isaac
On 6/16/2009 2:27 PM Stef Mientki apparently wrote:
>   http://code.google.com/p/pylab-works/

It's worth mentioning the license: New BSD.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac

Re: [ANN] first full alpha release of PyLab_Works v0.3

Timmie
Administrator
have you seen this:
http://code.google.com/p/pydee/

there might be things that overlap or invite for cooperation.

Tim Michelsen wrote:
> have you seen this:
> http://code.google.com/p/pydee/
>
> there might be things that overlap or invite for cooperation.

Yes, I think python(x,y) is one of the best python packages to replace
MatLab,
If I had knew it, when I started PyLab_Works, I probably would never
have created PyLab_Works ;-)

There are certainly similarities:
We use the same basic packages: numpy, scipy, etc
we use the same concepts: concentrate on the job instead of the
programming details

But there are a few differences:
we use a different GUI: PyQt versus wxPython
and the largest problem would be the PyQt license :-(

But if there are possibilities to cooperate, I'ld love to.

cheers,
Stef