Quantcast

AttributeError with scikits.timeseries.tstables

AttributeError with scikits.timeseries.tstables

Timmie
Administrator
Hello,
saving a masked array (time series) to a HDF5 file through the pytables
interface with scikits.timeseries.tstables I received the following
error message:

  File
"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\scikits\timeseries\lib\tstables.py", line
714, in createTimeSeriesTable
    chunkshape=chunkshape, byteorder=byteorder)
  File
"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\scikits\timeseries\lib\tstables.py", line
419, in __init__
    _log=_log)
  File
"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\scikits\timeseries\lib\tstables.py", line
292, in __init__
    self.attrs.special_attrs = self._update_special_attrs(maskedarray)
  File
"C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\scikits\timeseries\lib\tstables.py", line
425, in _update_special_attrs
    special_attrs['recshape'] = tuple(a._varshape)
AttributeError: 'MaskedArray' object has no attribute '_varshape'

I would love to get help on why the hdf write process fails here.
Do I need to fill missing values?

Thanks in advance,
Timmie

[SOLVED] Re: AttributeError with scikits.timeseries.tstables

Timmie
Administrator

> saving a masked array (time series) to a HDF5 file through the pytables
> interface with scikits.timeseries.tstables I received the following
> error message:
[...]
> I would love to get help on why the hdf write process fails here.
I solved it by using
tables.File.createMaskedTable instead of tables.File.createTimeSeriesTable.

Is there really need for two different functions?
Can tables.File.createTimeSeriesTable not chnage the behaviour depending
if the array is masked or not?