How to minimize a simple multi variable function

How to minimize a simple multi variable function

Roderick Bartolo
Hi all,
I would like to minimize the following simple function f(x,y,z) = x*y*z with some constraints x<=20 + y and y < z+2 using Pulp.  Does any body know how this can be done please?

Re: How to minimize a simple multi variable function

mdekauwe
I am not sure what pulp is. But the lmfit package has options for constraints http://cars9.uchicago.edu/software/python/lmfit/

On Monday, August 20, 2012 8:41:37 PM UTC+10, Roderick Bartolo wrote:
Hi all,
I would like to minimize the following simple function f(x,y,z) = x*y*z with some constraints x<=20 + y and y < z+2 using Pulp.  Does any body know how this can be done please?

Re: How to minimize a simple multi variable function

nicky van foreest

Pulp can be used to solve *linear* programming problems. Your
objective function is not linear, hence I don't think you can use
pulp.

HTH

Nicky