Mac OS X and mkl and modifying site.cfg

Chris Lee-13
Hi Everyone,

I know this question has been asked before but I can't seem to find the answer and certainly what I am doing is not working.

I want to link my numpy install to the MKL libraries on Mac OS X (10.5)

I have installed the mkl libraries and they have ended up buried in /Libraries/frameworks...
I have edited the site.cfg package to read:

[DEFAULT]
library_dirs = /usr/local/lib:/opt/intel/fc/10.1.014/lib
include_dirs = /usr/local/include:/opt/intel/fc/10.1.014/include

[mkl]
library_dirs = /Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Libraries/universal
mkl_libs = mkl, vml
include_dirs = /Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Headers

Python seems to find the intel fortran compiler all right but it doesn't appear to even look for the mkl libraries

I have also tried other variations on this but it seems that the site.cfg file is ignored by setup.py
When I looked in setup.py, I noticed that configuration expects to add site.cfg.example. I changed that to site.cfg but it didn't make any difference.

If anyone knows what the site.cfg file should look like for a default Mac OS X install with mkl, would they please let me know?

Thank you all very much.
Cheers
Chris

Chris Lee
Laser Physics and Nonlinear Optics Group
MESA+ Research Institute for Nanotechnology
University of Twente
Phone: ++31 (0)53 489 3968
fax: ++31 (0)53 489 1102

Re: Mac OS X and mkl and modifying site.cfg

Robert Kern-2
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Chris Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I know this question has been asked before but I can't seem to find the
> answer and certainly what I am doing is not working.
>
> I want to link my numpy install to the MKL libraries on Mac OS X (10.5)
>
> I have installed the mkl libraries and they have ended up buried in
> /Libraries/frameworks...
> I have edited the site.cfg package to read:
>

> [DEFAULT]
> library_dirs = /usr/local/lib:/opt/intel/fc/10.1.014/lib
> include_dirs = /usr/local/include:/opt/intel/fc/10.1.014/include
>

> [mkl]
> library_dirs = /Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Libraries/universal
> mkl_libs = mkl, vml
> include_dirs = /Library/Frameworks/Intel_MKL.framework/Headers
>
> Python seems to find the intel fortran compiler all right but it doesn't
> appear to even look for the mkl libraries

Can you show us the full build log?

> I have also tried other variations on this but it seems that the site.cfg
> file is ignored by setup.py
> When I looked in setup.py, I noticed that configuration expects to add
> site.cfg.example.

That's just for building the source tarball. It doesn't affect the

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco