Newbie question: Is SciPy supported by Jython

Newbie question: Is SciPy supported by Jython

Normand Williams
Hi,

I have looked everywhere but cannot seem to get a clear answer to my question therefore I go to the source: Can someone tell me if SciPy is supported by Jython and if not what would be the way to go to have similar sciPy functionalities available for Jython?

Thanks a lot for take time to answer this newbie. Normand.

Re: Newbie question: Is SciPy supported by Jython

Carlos da Silva Santos
There is a (very old) port of Numeric to Jython:

http://jnumerical.sourceforge.net/

Not exactly what you are asking for, but there are some solutions to
use java libraries from python or python modules from java, like:
http://jepp.sourceforge.net/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpype
Maybe you can do the trick with them. I never used those, so I don't
know whether they really work.

You could also use Javolution or other Java scientific package "to have similar
 sciPy functionalities" inside Jython. Of course, the API would be
different from scipy.

HTH,

Carlos

On 4/11/08, Normand Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have looked everywhere but cannot seem to get a clear answer to my
> question therefore I go to the source: Can someone tell me if SciPy is
> supported by Jython and if not what would be the way to go to have similar
> sciPy functionalities available for Jython?
>
> Thanks a lot for take time to answer this newbie. Normand.

Re: Newbie question: Is SciPy supported by Jython

Normand Williams
Thanks Carlos, this information is very useful. Normand