Numpy 1.2.1 and Scipy 0.7.0; Ubuntu packages

Numpy 1.2.1 and Scipy 0.7.0; Ubuntu packages

David Cournapeau
Hi,

I started to set up a PPA for scipy on launchpad, which enables to
build ubuntu packages for various distributions/architectures. The
link is there:

https://edge.launchpad.net/~scipy/+archive/ppa

So you just need to add one line to your /etc/apt/sources.list, and
you will get uptodate numpy and scipy packages,

cheers,

David

Re: Numpy 1.2.1 and Scipy 0.7.0; Ubuntu packages

Scott Sinclair-4
> 2009/2/11 David Cournapeau <[hidden email]>:
> I started to set up a PPA for scipy on launchpad, which enables to
> build ubuntu packages for various distributions/architectures. The
> link is there:
>
> https://edge.launchpad.net/~scipy/+archive/ppa
>
> So you just need to add one line to your /etc/apt/sources.list, and
> you will get uptodate numpy and scipy packages,

Thanks!

Cheers,
Scott

Re: Numpy 1.2.1 and Scipy 0.7.0; Ubuntu packages

Timmie
Administrator
  > https://edge.launchpad.net/~scipy/+archive/ppa
Thanks.

There is also:
http://linux.pythonxy.com/ubuntu/

Re: Numpy 1.2.1 and Scipy 0.7.0; Ubuntu packages

Fernando Perez
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:46 AM, David Cournapeau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started to set up a PPA for scipy on launchpad, which enables to
> build ubuntu packages for various distributions/architectures. The
> link is there:
>
> https://edge.launchpad.net/~scipy/+archive/ppa

Cool, thanks.  Is it easy to provide also hardy packages, or does it
require a lot of work on your part?

slice question

Karl Young

Sorry for the dumb question but I did search quite a bit before
realizing it would only take a couple of keystrokes from an Illuminati
to dispel my ignorance.

I want to slice an array as:

A[a:b,c:d,e:f,...]

starting with two 1d arrays containing the lower and upper slice limits:

B = [a,c,e,...] and C = [b,d,f,...]

and I'd like to write a general expression for this given A,B,C (i.e.
not specify the dimension) but I can't figure out how to turn B and C
into  a:b,c:d,e:f,... re indexing A - any thoughts ? Thanks

Re: slice question

Robert Kern-2
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 17:31, Karl Young <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry for the dumb question but I did search quite a bit before
> realizing it would only take a couple of keystrokes from an Illuminati
> to dispel my ignorance.
>
> I want to slice an array as:
>
> A[a:b,c:d,e:f,...]
>
> starting with two 1d arrays containing the lower and upper slice limits:
>
> B = [a,c,e,...] and C = [b,d,f,...]
>
> and I'd like to write a general expression for this given A,B,C (i.e.
> not specify the dimension) but I can't figure out how to turn B and C
> into  a:b,c:d,e:f,... re indexing A - any thoughts ? Thanks

A[tuple([slice(b,c) for b,c in zip(B,C)])]

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco

Re: slice question

Karl Young

Thanks maestro ! (not quite as trivial as I thought it would be)