Problems with weave under windows

laughingrice
I've been fighting with getting weave working under windows 8.1 using Canopy (scipy 0.13.2-1)
Turned out that compilation errors were Microsoft complaining that the command like is too long.

Changing line 95 in scipy/weave/catalog.py from
    return base + sha256(expr).hexdigest()
    return base + sha256(expr).hexdigest()[:-30]

or doing the same in line 126 of scipy/weave/platform_info.py
    chk_sum = check_sum(exe_path)
    chk_sum = check_sum(exe_path)[:-30]

Solved the problem for me (a combination of them also worked removing less characters in each, although this would depend on user name length as well)

This is with both visual studio 2010 and 2012 (had to set VS90COMNTOOLS to point to either VS100COMNTOOLS or VS110COMNTOOLS for weave to find vcvarsall.bat as well).

Anyone else see this problem and has a better solution?
Thanks

Re: Problems with weave under windows

ralfgommers

Not yet. This function was changed in scipy 0.13.0, so it seems we broke something. Can you check what the length limit for the command is on your system? According to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3205027/maximum-length-of-command-line-string it should be 2048 chars or more.