Re: Re : Installing scipy on MacOS X

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal
came into this in the middle, but I see near the end of your error log:

which implies that you may have a mixture of 32 bit and 64 bit stuff in here.

So you need to make sure that you are doing all one or the other, you probably want 64 bit everything.

Take a look at the build commands that get generated, and see what's there like:

--arch i386 and --arch x86-64

(may have those wrong, but you get the idea)

Also -- if you have  particular excutabl eor shared lib:

file the_lib_file.so

should tell you which architecture(s) it is built for.

-CHB

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Slater Joseph C , PhD, PE <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jun 15, 2015, at 8:34 PM, Oleksandr Huziy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
> Sorry for the trivial questions:

Not at all. A presumption of incompetence on my part may not be far off. I've just started this "journey".

> Have you activated your virtualenv before using pip?

Yes.

> What is the output of pip list?

(scipy-dev)[jslater@Norma scipy-dev]$ pip list
Cython (0.22)
delocate (0.6.2)
matplotlib (1.4.3)
nose (1.3.7)
numpy (1.9.2)
pip (7.0.3)
pyparsing (2.0.3)
python-dateutil (2.4.2)
pytz (2015.4)
setuptools (17.0)
sh (1.11)
six (1.9.0)
wheel (0.24.0)

> Activate tour virtualenv and to install using pip install scipy.

That, however, will undermine my intent, which is to be working with the developer version. I'm not the best in Python... but I'm sufficiently capable, and more so in my field, to extend it. There is another gentleman working on extending signal/spectral overlapping what I'm doing. It makes more sense for me to be working in concert rather than as another disjointed signal processing effort.

Nevertheless, I've installed it. It was successful. However, I really need to be using my fork, if anyone can help me figure out what I've done wrong... probably something harebrained.

Joe

> Cheers
>

> 15 juin 2015, à 17:13, "Slater Joseph C , PhD, PE" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>

>> On Jun 15, 2015, at 4:07 PM, Ralf Gommers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> </snip>
>>
>> This is trying to use ATLAS, do you have that installed? I'd expect all those source builds to use Accelerate.
>
> I did not install it myself. My understanding from reading the docs is that it would build without is (using Accelerate). Do I have to do something to force it to recognize/use Accelerate? Likely I do, but shouldn't have to from what I understand.
>

>> Can you:
>> - give us the full build command you used
>
> python setup.py install
>
>> - put the complete build log in a gist and link to it
>
> First time I've seen gist. Cool!
>
> https://gist.github.com/josephcslater/0930741203fd02dbcc0f#file-scipy-install-log-txt
>

>> - check that ``python -c "import numpy; numpy.test('full')`` passes
>
> Some failures. Log in the https://gist.github.com/josephcslater/0930741203fd02dbcc0f#file-gistfile1-txt
>
> numpy was installed in the virtualenv using pip.
> sudo -H  pip3 install numpy matplotlib
> no errors resulted from that.
>

>> I've been using Homebrew and gfortran 4.9.1 for a year or so without issues.
>
> I'm now at 5.10 . I've been interchanging variables, blindly (due to lack of knowledge).
>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>

>> Ralf
>> <snip>

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax