Quantcast

Re: migration of all scipy.org

Propadovic Nenad
Hello,
I'd just like to add that it's important to point to the new lists from scipy.org as soon as possible.
Besides: "explicit is better than implicit" ...
Cheers,
Nenad

Re: migration of all scipy.org

ralfgommers

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 2:35 AM, Propadovic Nenad <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
I'd just like to add that it's important to point to the new lists from scipy.org as soon as possible.

I've already put in a new PR to be merged as soon as the move is completed:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy.org/pull/200

and found myself wondering how comes that the last message is from November last year. It took some time to realize that the last message announces the migration to the new list...
Besides: "explicit is better than implicit" ...
Cheers,
Nenad

Re: migration of all scipy.org

Propadovic Nenad
Hello Ralf,

thanks for the answer.

Where did you find that outdated link, and does it still need fixing? Our
own page on that is https://scipy.org/scipylib/mailing-lists.html, which
was updated on 15 Nov last year from the scipy-user move.

I had revisited the same page maybe two weeks later, and then found that one of the last posts (maybe the last post) in the archive announced the migration.

Maybe I clicked an old link google gave me from its cache? I really don't know.

Two things have not changed, however. The 'Read/Search'-links (pointing to gmane) for all lists give me blank pages. Might be more an issue of gmane (?), but still confusing for an unsuspecting new user. And the archive of scipy-svn has its last entries in May 2016, which I'd probably understand if I cared to think about it.

Not sure I was able to help,
cheers,
Nenad