Re: solve_banded usage (once again) (Wagner Sebastian)

Re: solve_banded usage (once again) (Wagner Sebastian)

federico vaggi-2
Hey Wagner,

not sure how helpful this is, but if you dig into the SciPy source code, you'll see that solve_banded is a fairly thin wrapper around the gbsv function from lapack.

If you go look at the lapack source code:

You can get a better idea of the parameters there.

Not sure if this is helpful - I've never really had to use that function myself, but at least it might give you some pointers.

Federico

Re: solve_banded usage (once again) (Wagner Sebastian)

Wagner Sebastian

Hi Federico,

Some days after posting it in beginning of Sept, I found it out. Maybe I can improve the doc in October or provide a conversion function for scipy.sparse.dia

And I were also digging in the Python-Code but it only wraps the Fortran-Function, and the Fortran help itself also is very qiet.

Sebastian