Request for Feedback/Authorization: a new public repository for the conference

Request for Feedback/Authorization: a new public repository for the conference

Jonathan Rocher
Dear all,

Andy Terrel and I are the co-chairs of the Scipy2013 conference in Austin next June in Austin. We are very excited about this coming edition and will post regularly to these lists for feedback and announcements.

But for now, we would like to consolidate its organization under a public open source project inside the Scipy organization on github. We propose that the project be called scipy-conference. The repo would host documents useful to run the conference as well as code to set up the website and the backend.

I write here to ask if the community is ok with that and to ask for the rights to create/manage that new repository.

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rocher, PhD
Scientific software developer

Re: [SciPy-Dev] Request for Feedback/Authorization: a new public repository for the conference

Robert Kern-2
On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Jonathan Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Andy Terrel and I are the co-chairs of the Scipy2013 conference in Austin
> next June in Austin. We are very excited about this coming edition and will
> post regularly to these lists for feedback and announcements.
>
> But for now, we would like to consolidate its organization under a public
> open source project inside the Scipy organization on github. We propose that
> the project be called scipy-conference. The repo would host documents useful
> to run the conference as well as code to set up the website and the backend.
>
> I write here to ask if the community is ok with that and to ask for the
> rights to create/manage that new repository.

+1. If there is no strenuous objection in short order, I will make a
"SciPy Conference" team under the scipy organization and add you two
to it.

Re: [SciPy-Dev] Request for Feedback/Authorization: a new public repository for the conference

Pauli Virtanen-3
28.11.2012 20:28, Robert Kern kirjoitti:
[clip]
> +1. If there is no strenuous objection in short order, I will make a
> "SciPy Conference" team under the scipy organization and add you two
> to it.

+1 also from me.

--
Pauli Virtanen

Re: [SciPy-Dev] Request for Feedback/Authorization: a new public repository for the conference

Anthony Scopatz
On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Robert Kern <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Jonathan Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Andy Terrel and I are the co-chairs of the Scipy2013 conference in Austin
> next June in Austin. We are very excited about this coming edition and will
> post regularly to these lists for feedback and announcements.
>
> But for now, we would like to consolidate its organization under a public
> open source project inside the Scipy organization on github. We propose that
> the project be called scipy-conference. The repo would host documents useful
> to run the conference as well as code to set up the website and the backend.
>
> I write here to ask if the community is ok with that and to ask for the
> rights to create/manage that new repository.

+1. If there is no strenuous objection in short order, I will make a
"SciPy Conference" team under the scipy organization and add you two
to it.

+1 as well.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Pauli Virtanen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 28.11.2012 20:28, Robert Kern kirjoitti:
> [clip]
>> +1. If there is no strenuous objection in short order, I will make a
>> "SciPy Conference" team under the scipy organization and add you two
>> to it.
>
> +1 also from me.

On the basis of exit polls, I'm calling this election early. Done.

28.11.2012 20:37, Robert Kern kirjoitti:

> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Pauli Virtanen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 28.11.2012 20:28, Robert Kern kirjoitti:
>> [clip]
>>> +1. If there is no strenuous objection in short order, I will make a
>>> "SciPy Conference" team under the scipy organization and add you two
>>> to it.
>>
>> +1 also from me.
>
> On the basis of exit polls, I'm calling this election early. Done.

The repo is now also there, so things should be ready to roll.

--
Pauli Virtanen

Re: [SciPy-Dev] Request for Feedback/Authorization: a new public repository for the conference

Jonathan Rocher
Thanks to all.

Jonathan