Astropy is a community-driven package intended to contain much of the
core functionality and common tools needed for performing astronomy
and astrophysics with Python.
New and improved functionality in this release includes:
* A new modeling package which provides a framework for fitting models to data
* Quantity has been re-implemented as a numpy array subclass,
enhancing performance and usability
* Unit conversion and Quantities are better integrated with other
parts of Astropy, simplifying many APIs and user code.
* New Table functionality for joining and aggregating tables
* Support for arrays of celestial coordinates
* A new virtual observatory cone search package
* A dedicated convolution sub-package with many predefined kernels
A full list of improvements, including examples, is provided at: