[SciPy-User] ANN: New edition of the IPython minibook

[SciPy-User] ANN: New edition of the IPython minibook

Cyrille Rossant
Hi all,

The second edition of the book *Learning IPython for Interactive
Computing and Data Visualization* has been released (Packt
Publishing).

The book now targets Python 3, IPython 4, and the Jupyter Notebook.
There is a new introduction to the Python programming language for
complete beginners, as well as new code examples covering pandas and
NumPy for data analysis and numerical computing. There are also
contents for more advanced users, like parallel computing with IPython
and high-performance computing with Numba and Cython.

All code examples are available on GitHub as Jupyter notebooks.

You'll find more information here:

* IPython Books website: <http://ipython-books.github.io/>
* Book page on Packt's website:
<https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/learning-ipython-interactive-computing-and-data-visualization-sec>
* GitHub repo: <https://github.com/ipython-books/minibook-2nd-code>

Cyrille

Re: [jupyter] ANN: New edition of the IPython minibook

Brian Granger
Fantastic and *many* congrats!!!

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 11:26 AM, Cyrille Rossant
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The second edition of the book *Learning IPython for Interactive
> Computing and Data Visualization* has been released (Packt
> Publishing).
>
> The book now targets Python 3, IPython 4, and the Jupyter Notebook.
> There is a new introduction to the Python programming language for
> complete beginners, as well as new code examples covering pandas and
> NumPy for data analysis and numerical computing. There are also
> contents for more advanced users, like parallel computing with IPython
> and high-performance computing with Numba and Cython.
>
> All code examples are available on GitHub as Jupyter notebooks.
>
> You'll find more information here:
>
> * IPython Books website: <http://ipython-books.github.io/>
> * Book page on Packt's website:
> <https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/learning-ipython-interactive-computing-and-data-visualization-sec>
> * GitHub repo: <https://github.com/ipython-books/minibook-2nd-code>
>
> Cyrille

Brian E. Granger
Associate Professor of Physics and Data Science
@ellisonbg on Twitter and GitHub
[hidden email] and [hidden email]

Re: [IPython-dev] ANN: New edition of the IPython minibook

Fernando Perez
Awesome, congratulations!!

Please don't forget to submit a PR to update the links/images on the site :)