[SciPy-User] ANN: PyMeasure package for instrument control and measurements

[SciPy-User] ANN: PyMeasure package for instrument control and measurements

Colin Jermain
Hey Scipy users,

I'd like to introduce you to a new scientific package, PyMeasure, which we have been working on at Cornell for performing experimental measurements. The goal of the project is to help scientists make measurement software quickly and allow that software to be easy to maintain. You can get up an running with a full dynamic GUI with live-plotting in less than 150 lines of code (most of which can be copied from the examples). There are a number of instruments defined with their SCPI/GPIB commands, so that you can start using them right out of the box. We've taken advantage of a number of dependency packages from the Scipy community that make our high-level approach possible (PyVISA, PySerial, PyQtGraph, PyQt/PySide, etc.). We would love your feedback and suggestions for improvement. Feel free to email me, or strike up an issue on GitHub.

GitHub: https://github.com/ralph-group/pymeasure
Documentation: http://pymeasure.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Regards,

Colin