[SciPy-User] ANN: PyWavelets v0.5.0 release

[SciPy-User] ANN: PyWavelets v0.5.0 release

Gregory Lee
On behalf of the PyWavelets development team I am pleased to announce the release of PyWavelets 0.5.0.

PyWavelets is a Python toolbox implementing both discrete and continuous wavelet transforms (mathematical time-frequency transforms) with a wide range of built-in wavelets.  C/Cython are used for the low-level routines, enabling high performance.  Key Features of PyWavelets are:

  * 1D, 2D and nD Forward and Inverse Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT and IDWT)
  * 1D, 2D and nD Multilevel DWT and IDWT
  * 1D and 2D Forward and Inverse Stationary Wavelet Transform
  * 1D and 2D Wavelet Packet decomposition and reconstruction
  * 1D Continuous Wavelet Transform
  * When multiple valid implementations are available, we have chosen to maintain consistency with MATLAB's Wavelet Toolbox.

PyWavelets 0.5.0 is the culmination of 1 year of work.  In addition to
several new features, substantial refactoring of the underlying C and Cython code have been made.

Highlights of this release include:

- 1D continuous wavelet transforms
- new discrete wavelets added (additional Debauchies and Coiflet wavelets)
- new 'reflect' extension mode for discrete wavelet transforms
- faster performance for multilevel forward stationary wavelet transforms (SWT)
- n-dimensional support added to forward SWT
- routines to convert multilevel DWT coefficients to and from a single array
- axis support for multilevel DWT
- substantial refactoring/reorganization of the underlying C and Cython code

Full details in the release notes at:
http://pywavelets.readthedocs.io/en/latest/release.0.5.0.html

This release requires Python 2.6, 2.7 or 3.3-3.5 and Numpy 1.9.1 or greater. Sources can be found on https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyWavelets and https://github.com/PyWavelets/pywt/releases.

As always, new contributors are welcome to join us at https://github.com/PyWavelets/pywt

Re: ANN: PyWavelets v0.5.0 release

Matthew Brett
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Gregory Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On behalf of the PyWavelets development team I am pleased to announce the
> release of PyWavelets 0.5.0.
>

> PyWavelets is a Python toolbox implementing both discrete and continuous
> wavelet transforms (mathematical time-frequency transforms) with a wide
> range of built-in wavelets.  C/Cython are used for the low-level routines,
> enabling high performance.  Key Features of PyWavelets are:
>
>   * 1D, 2D and nD Forward and Inverse Discrete Wavelet Transform (DWT and
> IDWT)
>   * 1D, 2D and nD Multilevel DWT and IDWT
>   * 1D and 2D Forward and Inverse Stationary Wavelet Transform
>   * 1D and 2D Wavelet Packet decomposition and reconstruction
>   * 1D Continuous Wavelet Transform
>   * When multiple valid implementations are available, we have chosen to
> maintain consistency with MATLAB's Wavelet Toolbox.
>
> PyWavelets 0.5.0 is the culmination of 1 year of work.  In addition to
> several new features, substantial refactoring of the underlying C and Cython
> code have been made.
>
> Highlights of this release include:
>
> - 1D continuous wavelet transforms
> - new discrete wavelets added (additional Debauchies and Coiflet wavelets)
> - new 'reflect' extension mode for discrete wavelet transforms
> - faster performance for multilevel forward stationary wavelet transforms
> (SWT)
> - n-dimensional support added to forward SWT
> - routines to convert multilevel DWT coefficients to and from a single array
> - axis support for multilevel DWT
> - substantial refactoring/reorganization of the underlying C and Cython code
>
> Full details in the release notes at:
> http://pywavelets.readthedocs.io/en/latest/release.0.5.0.html
>
> This release requires Python 2.6, 2.7 or 3.3-3.5 and Numpy 1.9.1 or greater.
> Sources can be found on https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyWavelets and
> https://github.com/PyWavelets/pywt/releases.

Many thanks for this.  I just triggered a build for OSX and Linux
wheels from : https://github.com/MacPython/pywavelets-wheels (see the
README there).    The wheels should soon arrive at
https://3f23b170c54c2533c070-1c8a9b3114517dc5fe17b7c3f8c63a43.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com
.  There are pypi upload instructions in the README, but I'm happy do
that if you prefer.  My pypi username is "matthew.brett".

Cheers,

Matthew

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]> wrote:
Many thanks for this.  I just triggered a build for OSX and Linux
wheels from : https://github.com/MacPython/pywavelets-wheels (see the
README there).    The wheels should soon arrive at
https://3f23b170c54c2533c070-1c8a9b3114517dc5fe17b7c3f8c63a43.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com
.  There are pypi upload instructions in the README, but I'm happy do
that if you prefer.  My pypi username is "matthew.brett".

Cheers,

Matthew

Thanks Matthew, that was fast!  At what stage would I need your pypi username?  I did the Windows wheel uploads from the command line using `twine -s build/*` where I had the sdist files and Win wheels in that folder.  Can I just download the OS X and manylinux wheels from the link you provided and do the same here or am I missing something?

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Gregory Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Many thanks for this.  I just triggered a build for OSX and Linux
>> wheels from : https://github.com/MacPython/pywavelets-wheels (see the
>> README there).    The wheels should soon arrive at
>>
>> https://3f23b170c54c2533c070-1c8a9b3114517dc5fe17b7c3f8c63a43.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com
>> .  There are pypi upload instructions in the README, but I'm happy do
>> that if you prefer.  My pypi username is "matthew.brett".
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Matthew
>>

> Thanks Matthew, that was fast!  At what stage would I need your pypi
> username?

Sorry - that's only if you want to give me permission to upload the
wheels to pypi.

> I did the Windows wheel uploads from the command line using
> `twine -s build/*` where I had the sdist files and Win wheels in that
> folder.  Can I just download the OS X and manylinux wheels from the link you
> provided and do the same here or am I missing something?

Sure - you can download the files from the link and then upload them with twine.

I personally like to use a script to do that - see the instructions in
the README at https://github.com/MacPython/pywavelets-wheels .

The repo actually also builds Windows wheels - see
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/matthew-brett/pywavelets-wheels

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: ANN: PyWavelets v0.5.0 release

Gregory Lee

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 2:23 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

> Thanks Matthew, that was fast!  At what stage would I need your pypi
> username?

Sorry - that's only if you want to give me permission to upload the
wheels to pypi.

I have added you as a Maintainer on the package, so I think you should now have access to upload.  Thanks!

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Gregory Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 2:23 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> > Thanks Matthew, that was fast!  At what stage would I need your pypi
>> > username?
>>
>> Sorry - that's only if you want to give me permission to upload the
>> wheels to pypi.
>>
> I have added you as a Maintainer on the package, so I think you should now
> have access to upload.  Thanks!

Thanks for doing this.  When I try and upload with twine, I get:

twine upload -s PyWavelets-0.5.0-cp2*

Uploading distributions to https://upload.pypi.org/legacy/

Uploading PyWavelets-0.5.0-cp27-cp27m-macosx_10_6_intel.macosx_10_9_intel.macosx_10_9_x86_64.macosx_10_10_intel.macosx_10_10_x86_64.whl

[================================] 1759042/1759042 - 00:00:02

HTTPError: 400 Client Error: author_email: Invalid email address. for
url: https://upload.pypi.org/legacy/

I guess this is because of:

https://github.com/PyWavelets/pywt/blob/master/setup.py#L213

maintainer_email="http://groups.google.com/group/pywavelets",

Did you succeed in uploading with twine?

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: ANN: PyWavelets v0.5.0 release

Gregory Lee
Yes, I did the uploads that are already there via twine.  Do you think maybe it worked because my role on PyPI is listed as "Owner" rather than "Maintainer"?  Another difference is that I did not try upload to that weelhouse url, but the older https://pypi.python.org/pypi one.

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Gregory Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 2:23 PM, Matthew Brett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> > Thanks Matthew, that was fast!  At what stage would I need your pypi
>> > username?
>>
>> Sorry - that's only if you want to give me permission to upload the
>> wheels to pypi.
>>
> I have added you as a Maintainer on the package, so I think you should now
> have access to upload.  Thanks!

Thanks for doing this.  When I try and upload with twine, I get:

twine upload -s PyWavelets-0.5.0-cp2*

Uploading distributions to https://upload.pypi.org/legacy/

Uploading PyWavelets-0.5.0-cp27-cp27m-macosx_10_6_intel.macosx_10_9_intel.macosx_10_9_x86_64.macosx_10_10_intel.macosx_10_10_x86_64.whl

[================================] 1759042/1759042 - 00:00:02

HTTPError: 400 Client Error: author_email: Invalid email address. for
url: https://upload.pypi.org/legacy/

I guess this is because of:

https://github.com/PyWavelets/pywt/blob/master/setup.py#L213

maintainer_email="http://groups.google.com/group/pywavelets",

Did you succeed in uploading with twine?

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: ANN: PyWavelets v0.5.0 release

Gregory Lee

> I have added you as a Maintainer on the package, so I think you should now
> have access to upload.  Thanks!

Thanks for doing this.  When I try and upload with twine, I get:

twine upload -s PyWavelets-0.5.0-cp2*

Uploading distributions to https://upload.pypi.org/legacy/

Uploading PyWavelets-0.5.0-cp27-cp27m-macosx_10_6_intel.macosx_10_9_intel.macosx_10_9_x86_64.macosx_10_10_intel.macosx_10_10_x86_64.whl

HTTPError: 400 Client Error: author_email: Invalid email address. for
url: https://upload.pypi.org/legacy/

I guess this is because of:

https://github.com/PyWavelets/pywt/blob/master/setup.py#L213

maintainer_email="http://groups.google.com/group/pywavelets",

I have uploaded all OS X and manylinux wheels now via twine  (manual download from the URL followed by twine).  I can open an issue on github related to figuring out the source of the issue you encountered.