[SciPy-User] ANN: xarray (formerly xray) v0.7.0 released

[SciPy-User] ANN: xarray (formerly xray) v0.7.0 released

Stephan Hoyer
I am pleased to announce version v0.7.0 of xarray, the project formerly known as xray.

xarray is an open source project and Python package that aims to bring the labeled data power of pandas to the physical sciences, by providing N-dimensional variants of the core pandas data structures. These data structures are based on the data model of the netCDF file format.

In this latest release, we have renamed the project from "xray" to "xarray". This avoids a namespace conflict with the entire field of X-ray science. We have new URLs for our documentation, source code and mailing list:

Highlights of this release:

* An internal refactor of DataArray internals
* New methods for reshaping, rolling and shifting data
* Preliminary support for pandas.MultiIndex
* Support for reading GRIB, HDF4 and other file formats via PyNIO

For more details, read the full release notes:

Contributors to this release:

Antony Lee
Fabien Maussion
Joe Hamman
Maximilian Roos
Stephan Hoyer
Takeshi Kanmae
femtotrader

I'd also like to highlight the contributions of Clark Fitzgerald, who added a plotting module to xray in v0.6, and Dave Brown, for his assistance adding PyNIO support.

Best,
Stephan

Re: ANN: xarray (formerly xray) v0.7.0 released

George Nurser-4
It's a very nice package. Pip install works fine, but the new version doesn't seem to be up on conda yet:

~ $ conda install xarray dask netCDF4 bottleneck
Using Anaconda Cloud api site https://api.anaconda.org
Fetching package metadata: ....
Error: No packages found in current linux-64 channels matching: xarray

Best regards, George Nurser