[SciPy-User] Contributing to scipy

Samyak Jain
Hi,  I am Samyak Jain and new to open source and very keen in contributing towards open source. I have started contributing in scipy solving some small DOC issues but I want to solve some major issues too. Can you suggest how do I start with this and also what all I need to know apart from python to start contributing in this org. I am also applying for GSOC'18 by contributing with this org hence I need to know how can I contact the mentors as on the IRC no one is replying. Is there any other way to contact them ?