[SciPy-User] Gaussian filter

Gabriele Brambilla
Hi,
I'm an italian guy that studies astrophysics.
I'm using Scipy's gaussian filter to smooth some images...
Could you tell me the meaning the unity of measure of the parameter sigma?

thanks

Gabriele

Re: Gaussian filter

Jerome Kieffer
On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 13:47:35 -0500
Gabriele Brambilla <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm an italian guy that studies astrophysics.
> I'm using Scipy's gaussian filter to smooth some images...
> Could you tell me the meaning the unity of measure of the parameter sigma?

Hi,

sigma refers to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaussian_function
it is in pixel untis.