[SciPy-User] General scientific python mailing list

[SciPy-User] General scientific python mailing list

Todd
Hi, I see a lot of mailing lists for specific scientific python projects, but no mailing list for scientific python in general.  Is there any mailing list for general scientific python users?

Re: General scientific python mailing list

ralfgommers

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Todd <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I see a lot of mailing lists for specific scientific python projects, but no mailing list for scientific python in general.  Is there any mailing list for general scientific python users?

Depends. For code/user questions and discussions there's not really a more general list than numpy-discussion or scipy-user. For discussion on community issues/needs/infrastructure the NumFOCUS list (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/numfocus) is more appropriate.

Re: General scientific python mailing list

Almar Klein

>     Hi, I see a lot of mailing lists for specific scientific python
>     projects, but no mailing list for scientific python in general.  Is
>     there any mailing list for general scientific python users?
>

> Depends. For code/user questions and discussions there's not really a
> more general list than numpy-discussion or scipy-user.

Since Scipy is also the name of the ecosystem (as is stated on
scipy.org), I suppose this mailing list comes closest to a general
scientific Python list. Maybe it's worth considering having one list for
scipy-the-ecosystem and one for scipy-the-library.

- Almar