[SciPy-User] Guidance required for automation of Excel work and Data Sciences

[SciPy-User] Guidance required for automation of Excel work and Data Sciences

gaurav sinha
Dear Experts
Greetings!!

About me- I am Telecom professional having ~10 years of experience in 2G/3G/4G mobile technologies.

I have selected Python as my Programming Language. Its been some time, I stared to learn and work in Python.

Subject- Guidance required for automation of Excel work and suggestion for Data Sciences.

Goal- We have lots of parameters, spreed in many excel files (raw excel files having different parameter on data/time basis).
I have to make a customized Excel sheet from these raw excel sheet having data (parameters vs data) which can be used as one button solution. I mean to say that,  just we need to fetch the excel reports (raw) and put in a folder and just press one button/script file to generate our final report.

Please suggest how to proceed.

Also please suggest how to master the Python in the filed of Data Sciences.

Thanks a lot!!

BR//
GAURAV SINHA

Re: Guidance required for automation of Excel work and Data Sciences

Matthew Brett
Hi,

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 5:21 AM, gaurav sinha <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Experts
> Greetings!!
>
> About me- I am Telecom professional having ~10 years of experience in
> 2G/3G/4G mobile technologies.
>
> I have selected Python as my Programming Language. Its been some time, I
> stared to learn and work in Python.
>
> Subject- Guidance required for automation of Excel work and suggestion for
> Data Sciences.
>
> Goal- We have lots of parameters, spreed in many excel files (raw excel
> files having different parameter on data/time basis).
> I have to make a customized Excel sheet from these raw excel sheet having
> data (parameters vs data) which can be used as one button solution. I mean
> to say that,  just we need to fetch the excel reports (raw) and put in a
> folder and just press one button/script file to generate our final report.
>
> Please suggest how to proceed.
>
> Also please suggest how to master the Python in the filed of Data Sciences.

You're currently on the Scipy mailing list; Scipy is a library of
numerical routines, often used by other libraries that have a stronger
link to data science, particularly Pandas, and scikit-learn.

As a first pass, I suggest you try over at the Pandas mailing list,
and you might want to start with this book, to get going:

http://wesmckinney.com/pages/book.html

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: Guidance required for automation of Excel work and Data Sciences

Benjamin Root
the openpyxl package will be your friend. Here is a whole chapter on using it: https://automatetheboringstuff.com/chapter12/

Welcome to python!
Ben Root