[SciPy-User] Is Macports version of Spyder 2.2.0 same as "official" release?

[SciPy-User] Is Macports version of Spyder 2.2.0 same as "official" release?

Jerry-40
Hi,

I see that Spyder 2.2.0 (Scientific PYthon Development EnviRonment) is out. There is an official .dmg distribution available from the project's home page. According to the list of changes for 2.2.0 http://code.google.com/p/spyderlib/wiki/ChangeLog is this:

"The App comes with its own interpreter, which has the main Python scientific libraries preinstalled: Numpy, SciPy, Matplotlib, IPython, Pandas, Sympy, Scikit-learn and Scikit-image."

Does the MacPorts version of Spyder 2.2.0 include all of these add-ons? I hate duplicating things such as Python interpreters, Numpy, etc. all over the place if I can do it once with MacPorts so I would much prefer to use the MacPorts version if possible.

Also, the MacPorts page lists both py-spyder 2.2.0 and py27-spyder 2.2.0. Are these the same?

Thanks,
Jerry

Re: Is Macports version of Spyder 2.2.0 same as "official" release?

Jerry-40
Geez, sorry.... :-\
Jerry

On May 9, 2013, at 1:59 AM, Jerry wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see that Spyder 2.2.0 (Scientific PYthon Development EnviRonment) is out. There is an official .dmg distribution available from the project's home page. According to the list of changes for 2.2.0 http://code.google.com/p/spyderlib/wiki/ChangeLog is this:
>
> "The App comes with its own interpreter, which has the main Python scientific libraries preinstalled: Numpy, SciPy, Matplotlib, IPython, Pandas, Sympy, Scikit-learn and Scikit-image."
>
> Does the MacPorts version of Spyder 2.2.0 include all of these add-ons? I hate duplicating things such as Python interpreters, Numpy, etc. all over the place if I can do it once with MacPorts so I would much prefer to use the MacPorts version if possible.
>
> Also, the MacPorts page lists both py-spyder 2.2.0 and py27-spyder 2.2.0. Are these the same?
>
> Thanks,
> Jerry

Re: Is Macports version of Spyder 2.2.0 same as "official" release?

Paul Hobson-2
On May 9, 2013, at 1:59 AM, Jerry wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see that Spyder 2.2.0 (Scientific PYthon Development EnviRonment) is out. There is an official .dmg distribution available from the project's home page. According to the list of changes for 2.2.0 http://code.google.com/p/spyderlib/wiki/ChangeLog is this:
>
> "The App comes with its own interpreter, which has the main Python scientific libraries preinstalled: Numpy, SciPy, Matplotlib, IPython, Pandas, Sympy, Scikit-learn and Scikit-image."
>
> Does the MacPorts version of Spyder 2.2.0 include all of these add-ons? I hate duplicating things such as Python interpreters, Numpy, etc. all over the place if I can do it once with MacPorts so I would much prefer to use the MacPorts version if possible.
>
> Also, the MacPorts page lists both py-spyder 2.2.0 and py27-spyder 2.2.0. Are these the same?

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Jerry <[hidden email]> wrote:
Geez, sorry.... :-\
Jerry

No need to apologize. This list doesn't really support Spyder. You might have better luck and Sypder's Google Code page.
-p

Re: Is Macports version of Spyder 2.2.0 same as "official" release?

Jed Ludlow
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 2:59 AM, Jerry wrote:
[...]

Jerry,

This as actually really valuable feedback for us on the Spyder team. I've posted your question to the Spyder list here if you'd like to follow it:

Jed