[SciPy-User] Need for binary fixed point module?

[SciPy-User] Need for binary fixed point module?

smlgit
Hi,

I have been designing for FPGAs and instead of using Matlab for simulation, I decided to use python. Matlab provides a fixed point feature that is useful for simulating finite word length and rounding effects. I wrote my own fixed point library (as a c extension) for python because the existing couple of python modules were incomplete and slow.

I'm interested in knowing if there are many scipy users that have a need for a fixed point (binary, not decimal) library or if there are many users that just use python to aid their FPGA or ASIC work?

If you are interested, my library is at https://github.com/smlgit/fpbinary .

sml.