[SciPy-User] Need some advice on integration

[SciPy-User] Need some advice on integration

Joan Quintana
I'm new on scipy (and new with numerical methods), so excuse me if you found trivial my question, but I spent time searching for an answer. Well, the problem:

I want to integrate this equation:

dv = [K/(m-dm)] dm

where where d means differential (of course). dm is in the numerator and denominator.

-Is there chance to solve this integral analytically?
-how can I use scipy to integrate this equation (knowh the initial values)?

TIA

Re: Need some advice on integration

Montgomery-Smith, Stephen
I don't understand what your equation means.  You can't have an expression like m - dm, that is, you can't additively combine scalars with differentials.  They exist in different spaces.

Maybe you mean:

dv = [K/(m - (dm/dv))] dm ?

Then rewrite it as

(dv/dm) [m - (dm/dv)] = K

m(dv/dm) - 1 = K

dv/dm = (K+1)/m

v = -(K+1)/(m**2) + constant

But I am guessing your intentions, and I might be missing something.