[SciPy-User] Pandas v0.16.0 release candidate 1

[SciPy-User] Pandas v0.16.0 release candidate 1

Jeff Reback-2
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first release candidate of Pandas 0.16.0.
Please try this RC and report any issues here: Pandas Issues
We will be releasing officially in 1 week or so.

This is a major release from 0.15.2 and includes a small number of API changes, several new features, enhancements, and performance improvements along with a large number of bug fixes. We recommend that all users upgrade to this version.

  • Highlights include:
    • DataFrame.assign method, see here
    • Series.to_coo/from_coo methods to interact with scipy.sparse, see here
    • Backwards incompatible change to Timedelta to conform the .seconds attribute with datetime.timedelta, see here
    • Changes to the .loc slicing API to conform with the behavior of .ix see here
    • Changes to the default for ordering in the Categorical constructor, see here

Here are the full whatsnew and documentation links:

v0.16.0 Whatsnew

Source tarballs, windows builds, and mac wheels are available here:

Pandas v0.16.0rc1 Release

A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this release!

Jeff