[SciPy-User] Python 3 BoF at Scipy conference

[SciPy-User] Python 3 BoF at Scipy conference

Thomas Kluyver-2
Fernando and I have arranged a Python 3 Birds-of-a-Feather session at Scipy next week. After the matrix multiplication PEP was accepted, this is our chance to work out if we want to propose any further changes to go into Python 3.5. We also want to talk about conventions for function annotations, and how to handle the switch in courses teaching people Python. We'll be joined by Nick Coghlan, a core Python developer  who has thought and written a lot about the Python 3 transition.

We've started a wiki page to collect ideas and questions for discussion - feel free to add to it:
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/Sprints:-SciPy2014-Py3-BoF

We're scheduled for 5.30pm on Tuesday, in the Grand Ballroom. If you're at SciPy, please come along and join the discussion.

Thanks,
Thomas

Re: Python 3 BoF at Scipy conference

Nathaniel Smith
On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 8:49 PM, Thomas Kluyver <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Fernando and I have arranged a Python 3 Birds-of-a-Feather session at Scipy
> next week. After the matrix multiplication PEP was accepted, this is our
> chance to work out if we want to propose any further changes to go into
> Python 3.5. We also want to talk about conventions for function annotations,
> and how to handle the switch in courses teaching people Python. We'll be
> joined by Nick Coghlan, a core Python developer  who has thought and written
> a lot about the Python 3 transition.
>
> We've started a wiki page to collect ideas and questions for discussion -
> feel free to add to it:
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/Sprints:-SciPy2014-Py3-BoF

I won't be there, but I summarized the "3.5 todo list" that I've been
keeping informally in the back of my head on the wiki page.

-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith
http://vorpus.org