[SciPy-User] SVG logo of SciPy

Christophe Bal
Hello,
is there a SVG version of the SciPy logos ? This would be to be used on my website.

Christophe BAL

Re: SVG logo of SciPy

ralfgommers

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Christophe Bal <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,
is there a SVG version of the SciPy logos ? This would be to be used on my website.

Someone's got to have them, but they're not in the scipy.org repo. Anyone know who created the original?

The closest I could find is Tony Yu's ScipyCentral logo: https://github.com/tonysyu/SciPy-Central-Logo

Re: SVG logo of SciPy

Tony Yu-3

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Ralf Gommers <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Christophe Bal <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,
is there a SVG version of the SciPy logos ? This would be to be used on my website.

Someone's got to have them, but they're not in the scipy.org repo. Anyone know who created the original?

The closest I could find is Tony Yu's ScipyCentral logo: https://github.com/tonysyu/SciPy-Central-Logo

FWIW, I looked around for an SVG version of the SciPy logo about 3 years ago, while making the scikit-image logo. I ended up not finding anything better than a PNG of the logo and manually traced the geometry to get something for the logo.

That said, it appears that Nicolas Rougier either created(-his-own) or found an SVG version of the SciPy logo (it's embedded in a larger image, but shouldn't be too hard to extract):

Cheers,
-Tony