[SciPy-User] SciPy on iOS?

Jared Rypka-Hauer CW

Hello all!

I am a mobile developer for 3M and we are working on a project consuming data from a wearable device and analyzing it. Our early development efforts were in Python using the SciPy libraries for data analysis and was all run on desktop machines. Now we want to move that to iOS and my research led me to the revelation that the sticking point would be including some of SciPy’s libraries that are written in Fortran, which is very difficult to get compiled for iOS.

That’s kind of a blocker…

I am hoping that this is an issue that has been tackled and solved, or something I can get some guidance on making work… if anyone has any input I am open to suggestions!

Thanks!

Jared Rypka-Hauer

id:image001.png@01D357CC.024E7F00

Jared Rypka-Hauer | Solutions Design and Development

IT Commercial Software & Hosting Services
Mobile: 651.285.7776

[hidden email]Need Support?

Re: SciPy on iOS?

Mark Alexander Mikofski
Can you vendorize just the modules from scipy that you actually need for your project? This could work if those modules don't require FORTRAN. Otherwise can you use a precomputed binary wheel that targets ARM v7 assuming that's your cpu? If so then I would email the scipy-dev mailing list and express your interest there. Another option would be to try the raspbian python-scipy build. See https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian which has a version of scipy, also search the raspberry pi stack exchange site for how to install scipy. Also maybe check out the iOS app called Pythonista by omz, it's also on GitHub.
Good luck!

On Apr 6, 2018 9:20 AM, "Jared Rypka-Hauer CW" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

image001.png (4K) Download Attachment