[SciPy-User] SciPy special function pro_rad1( )

[SciPy-User] SciPy special function pro_rad1( )

Nitish Ragoomundun

Hello all,

I need to compute values for the prolate spheroidal function and compare values

between different orders. From the reference guide, the function is described as

scipy.special.pro_rad1(m, n, c, x) = <ufunc 'pro_rad1'>

Prolate spheroidal radial function of the first kind and its derivative

Computes the prolate spheroidal radial function of the first kind and its derivative (with respect to x) for mode parameters m>=0 and n>=m, spheroidal parameter c and

|x| < 1.0.

This tells me that x is the independent variable and that it is between -1.0 and +1.0. But,

this is not the case. When I put x between 0.0 and 1.0 for example, the output is NaN.

Also, I would like to know what are m and n. It is not clearly defined. I need to know which

one is the order.

Thanks.