[SciPy-User] Scipy.signal.spectrogram() thread safety

[SciPy-User] Scipy.signal.spectrogram() thread safety

Rüdiger Berlich
Hi there,

I would like to do a STFT for the independent data from multiple files in parallel in multiple threads, using the scipy.signal.spectrogram() function. No data in the arguments to this function is shared between the threads, so I would expect this usage pattern to be thread-safe („reentrant“). First tests have not revealed any problems with 4 parallel calls to spectrogram().

I could not find information on this topic in the documentation of the spectrogram function.

Any help would be appreaciated.

Kind Regards,
Beet