[SciPy-User] Where are GUI apps for ports installed?

[SciPy-User] Where are GUI apps for ports installed?

Jerry-40
Some ports install a double-clickable binary in /Applications/MacPorts.

However, the only things installed in that location are on my system are AquaTerm, Pallet, some python 2.7 auxiliary stuff, and something related to Qt4 called qmlplugindump.

I have the Spyder port installed and there is a binary for it but it does not install in this location but rather apparently in

/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python

with a symlink in /opt/local/bin to another small file which is a short python script which launches it.

A different situation is cmake. When I install this from another place (probably the official cmake developer site), there is a GUI application placed in /Applications. However, the MacPorts version apparently does not install a GUI app anywhere.

I find this a little disconcerting. Is there a MacPorts policy about these kinds of things?

Jerry

Re: Where are GUI apps for ports installed?

Robert Kern-2
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Jerry <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Some ports install a double-clickable binary in /Applications/MacPorts.
>
> However, the only things installed in that location are on my system are AquaTerm, Pallet, some python 2.7 auxiliary stuff, and something related to Qt4 called qmlplugindump.
>
> I have the Spyder port installed and there is a binary for it but it does not install in this location but rather apparently in

The MacPorts mailing lists may be found here:

The Spyder mailing list may be found here:

  https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/spyderlib

Re: Where are GUI apps for ports installed?

Jerry-40
Oops, my bad. Meant to sent this to MacPorts list.
Jerry