[SciPy-User] best way to get minimum and maximum support for generic random variable

[SciPy-User] best way to get minimum and maximum support for generic random variable

Ben Avrahami
Hello,

I'm trying to come up with a simple universal method to get the minimum and maximum values for any random variable (both rv_continuous and rv_discrete).

The best I came up with was rv.interval(1) but that is both more obtuse than I'd like and error prone (as seen in the issue I opened: https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues/11026), also, it's not exactly was the method is made for which makes me uneasy.

Is there any better way to get the smallest and largest possible values for any rv?

regards, Ben.