[SciPy-User] new feature: optimize.curve_fit with bounds

[SciPy-User] new feature: optimize.curve_fit with bounds

ralfgommers
Hi all,

Curve fitting with bounds is a feature that has often been requested by users in the past, so I'd like to advertise the excellent GSoC work of Nikolay that's now included in Scipy master and will be in 0.17.0:

1. A new function optimize.least_squares: https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/5044
2. Adding bounds to optimize.curve_fit: https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/5147

Re: new feature: optimize.curve_fit with bounds

Alexander Baker
Hi Ralf & Nikolay,

Thanks, this looks very useful indeed, great work.

Regards,

Alex baker