[SciPy-User] results of scipy.spatial.ConvexHull

[SciPy-User] results of scipy.spatial.ConvexHull

Rafael Silva
Hi!

Using the code
import scipy.spatial.qhull as qhull
import scipy.spatial.qhull as qhull
verts = [
    [-0.5, -0.5, -0.5],
    [-0.5, -0.5, 0.5],
    [-0.5, 0.5, -0.5],
    [-0.5, 0.5, 0.5],
    [0.5, -0.5, -0.5],
    [0.5, -0.5, 0.5],
    [0.5, 0.5, -0.5],
    [0.5, 0.5, 0.5],
]
qh = qhull.ConvexHull(verts)
print(qh.simplices)

I obtained the results:
[[6 2 0]
[6 4 0]
[5 4 0]
[5 1 0]
[5 6 4]
[5 6 7]
[3 2 0]
[3 1 0]
[3 6 2]
[3 6 7]
[3 5 1]
[3 5 7]]

I tried some options using the keyword "qull_options", but I could only get results consisting of 12 simplices.

Instead, using Qhull library directly

rbox c D3 | qconvex p i

I got the result I wanted with just 6 simplices:

4 6 2 0
1 5 4 0
5 7 6 4
3 1 0 2
7 3 2 6
3 7 5 1

And using the option "Qt" I got the same result from scipy:

6 2 0
4 6 0
5 4 0
1 5 0
5 6 4
6 5 7
2 3 0
3 1 0
6 3 2
3 6 7
3 5 1
5 3 7

My question is: I want to get the "merged" version of the convex hull results for 3-D points. In the example, I want the 6 simplices case instead of the 12 (N x 3) format.

How could I get that from scipy? Is it possible?

Thank you for help!
Regards,
Rafael.