[SciPy-User] sigtools sourcecode

Marco Sälzer
Hi,

I've been looking into the sourcecode of the signaltools.lfilter() method and it returns "sigtools._linear_filter(b, a, axis, zi)".

Now to my question:
Is there any way to get the actual sourcecode of this _linear_filter() method?

As far as i understand its already compiled in the sigtools.cp35-win64_amd64.pyd file, but my python skills are basic at most.

If somebody could help me I would be very grateful.

Re: sigtools sourcecode

Oleksandr Huziy
Hi Marco:

You can start digging here in scipy project sources on github:

Cheers

I've been looking into the sourcecode of the signaltools.lfilter() method and it returns "sigtools._linear_filter(b, a, axis, zi)".

Now to my question:
Is there any way to get the actual sourcecode of this _linear_filter() method?

As far as i understand its already compiled in the sigtools.cp35-win64_amd64.pyd file, but my python skills are basic at most.

If somebody could help me I would be very grateful.

Sasha

Re: sigtools sourcecode

Yarko Tymciurak
Don't worry about the *.pyd file - it's just the python bytecodes.

_linear_filter is written in C.

You can find the table which says which C function to call for the "_linear_filter" python name in:

The function is in the file Oleksandr referenced.

If you need a gentle introduction to C-extensions for python (which is quite a ways from "knowing just a little python), have an adventure with maybe starting with Dave Beazley's chapter on C-extensions in "Python Cookbook" (which truly is one of the most gentle introductions).

You can also have a read of

Have lots of fun!

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 9:09 AM Oleksandr Huziy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Marco:

You can start digging here in scipy project sources on github:

Cheers

I've been looking into the sourcecode of the signaltools.lfilter() method and it returns "sigtools._linear_filter(b, a, axis, zi)".

Now to my question:
Is there any way to get the actual sourcecode of this _linear_filter() method?

As far as i understand its already compiled in the sigtools.cp35-win64_amd64.pyd file, but my python skills are basic at most.

If somebody could help me I would be very grateful.

Sasha

Re: sigtools sourcecode

ralfgommers

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:30 AM, Yarko Tymciurak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Don't worry about the *.pyd file - it's just the python bytecodes.

It's the Windows file extension for compiled Python extensions. Bytecode would be .pyc or .pyo