[SciPy-User] specify time steps for ode solvers?

[SciPy-User] specify time steps for ode solvers?

Max Aifer
Is there a way to force ode solvers like scipy.integrate.RK45 to use specific steps? I know that the evaluation points can be specified for output, but I want to control the actual timesteps used for integration. Thanks,
Max Aifer

Re: specify time steps for ode solvers?

David Hagen
> Is there a way to force ode solvers like scipy.integrate.RK45 to use specific steps? I know that the evaluation points can be specified for output, but I want to control the actual timesteps used for integration. Thanks,
Max Aifer

Only variable step solvers are currently implemented in SciPy. Their accuracy is controlled by the rtol and atol arguments rather than by the step size like fixed-step-size solvers. There is no way to force RK45 or the others to take particularly sized steps.