[SciPy-User] stats significance tests: why no functions for proportions?

[SciPy-User] stats significance tests: why no functions for proportions?

Florin Andrei
See this cheatsheet I made for myself for a few basic stats problems:

https://github.com/FlorinAndrei/misc/blob/master/ch24_review.ipynb

These are all significance tests - I'm testing claims.

Whenever I test a mean (one sample), or I compare two means (two
samples), there's a convenient scipy.stats function that does everything
in one line.

But when I test a proportion (one sample), or I compare two proportions
(two samples), I need to compute the z-score first, and then feed that
into stats.norm.cdf().

Why aren't there any functions for proportions, where I could just feed
the sample(s) and the functions would return the P-value in each case?

--
Florin Andrei
https://florin.myip.org/