graphs

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

graphs

Josselin Jacquard
Hi guys, I'm wondering what is the state on graph utilities in scipy ?
I'm looking for an algorithme to find negative cycles.

Any clues ?

Thanks in advance

Joss
_______________________________________________
SciPy-User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: graphs

Gael Varoquaux
On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 03:50:58PM +0100, Josselin Jacquard wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm wondering what is the state on graph utilities in scipy ?
> I'm looking for an algorithme to find negative cycles.

> Any clues ?

Graph support in scipy is fairly small (basically, AFAIK, the only real
graph algorithm is finding connnect components on a sparse matrix).

I suggest that you look at networkx.

Gaël
_______________________________________________
SciPy-User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: graphs

Chris Barker - NOAA Federal
On 2/2/11 12:08 PM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 03:50:58PM +0100, Josselin Jacquard wrote:
>> Hi guys, I'm wondering what is the state on graph utilities in scipy ?
>> I'm looking for an algorithme to find negative cycles.
>
>> Any clues ?

Never used it, but:

http://graphine.org

came up on another thread on another list -- it looks pretty cool.

-Chris


--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
NOAA/NOS/OR&R            (206) 526-6959   voice
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax
Seattle, WA  98115       (206) 526-6317   main reception

[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
SciPy-User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: graphs

Josselin Jacquard
Ok thanks guys

2011/2/2 Christopher Barker <[hidden email]>:

> On 2/2/11 12:08 PM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 03:50:58PM +0100, Josselin Jacquard wrote:
>>> Hi guys, I'm wondering what is the state on graph utilities in scipy ?
>>> I'm looking for an algorithme to find negative cycles.
>>
>>> Any clues ?
>
> Never used it, but:
>
> http://graphine.org
>
> came up on another thread on another list -- it looks pretty cool.
>
> -Chris
>
>
> --
> Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
> Oceanographer
>
> Emergency Response Division
> NOAA/NOS/OR&R            (206) 526-6959   voice
> 7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax
> Seattle, WA  98115       (206) 526-6317   main reception
>
> [hidden email]
> _______________________________________________
> SciPy-User mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
>
_______________________________________________
SciPy-User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: graphs

Emanuele Olivetti-3
I had some experiencies with graph-tool
     http://projects.skewed.de/graph-tool/
It is a very good tool in my opinion.

Friends of mine warmly suggest igraph:
     http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/igraph/

Anyway, if you need simple stuff and/or have no big scalability issue I
would suggest networkx, which very quick to learn.

HTH,

E.

On 02/02/2011 09:34 PM, Josselin Jacquard wrote:

> Ok thanks guys
>
> 2011/2/2 Christopher Barker<[hidden email]>:
>> On 2/2/11 12:08 PM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
>>> On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 03:50:58PM +0100, Josselin Jacquard wrote:
>>>> Hi guys, I'm wondering what is the state on graph utilities in scipy ?
>>>> I'm looking for an algorithme to find negative cycles.
>>>> Any clues ?
>>
>> http://graphine.org
>>

_______________________________________________
SciPy-User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: graphs

blatti
As a graph tool I really recommend networkx. I used it extensively and was always satisfied....
M.

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Emanuele Olivetti <[hidden email]> wrote:
I had some experiencies with graph-tool
    http://projects.skewed.de/graph-tool/
It is a very good tool in my opinion.

Friends of mine warmly suggest igraph:
    http://cneurocvs.rmki.kfki.hu/igraph/

Anyway, if you need simple stuff and/or have no big scalability issue I
would suggest networkx, which very quick to learn.

HTH,

E.

On 02/02/2011 09:34 PM, Josselin Jacquard wrote:
> Ok thanks guys
>
> 2011/2/2 Christopher Barker<[hidden email]>:
>> On 2/2/11 12:08 PM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
>>> On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 03:50:58PM +0100, Josselin Jacquard wrote:
>>>> Hi guys, I'm wondering what is the state on graph utilities in scipy ?
>>>> I'm looking for an algorithme to find negative cycles.
>>>> Any clues ?
>>
>> http://graphine.org
>>

_______________________________________________
SciPy-User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user


_______________________________________________
SciPy-User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user