optimization with genetic algorithms

lorenzo bolla
hi all!

are there in scipy (or numpy?) any genetic algorithms for optimization?
if not, can anyone suggest me where I can find some good, python friendly, ones?

thank you in advance,
lorenzo bolla

Re: optimization with genetic algorithms

Matthieu Brucher-2
Hi,

There were genetic algorithms in the sandbox, they are now in scikits.learn.machine.ga. I don't know how to use them, but they are available.

Matthieu

2008/4/7, lorenzo bolla <[hidden email]>:
hi all!

are there in scipy (or numpy?) any genetic algorithms for optimization?
if not, can anyone suggest me where I can find some good, python friendly, ones?

thank you in advance,
lorenzo bolla

French PhD student

Re: optimization with genetic algorithms

dmitrey.kroshko
lorenzo bolla wrote:
> hi all!
>
> are there in scipy (or numpy?) any genetic algorithms for optimization?
BTW there is galileo solver written in Python (GPL), also available in
scikits.openopt
Regars, D.