optimization with nonlinear constraints

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

optimization with nonlinear constraints

pfeldman
From the SciPy documentation, it looks as though there's no way to do optimization with nonlinear constraints.  Have I overlooked something?  If not, then this seems like a fairly important omission.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [SciPy-user] optimization with nonlinear constraints

Robert Kern-2
On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 06:54, Dr. Phillip M. Feldman
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >From the SciPy documentation, it looks as though there's no way to do
> optimization with nonlinear constraints.  Have I overlooked something?  If
> not, then this seems like a fairly important omission.

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.optimize.fmin_cobyla.html

--
Robert Kern

"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless
enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as
though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco
_______________________________________________
SciPy-User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [SciPy-user] optimization with nonlinear constraints

josef.pktd
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Robert Kern <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 06:54, Dr. Phillip M. Feldman
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> >From the SciPy documentation, it looks as though there's no way to do
>> optimization with nonlinear constraints.  Have I overlooked something?  If
>> not, then this seems like a fairly important omission.
>
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.optimize.fmin_cobyla.html

and some more

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/optimize.html#constrained-multivariate

Josef

>
> --
> Robert Kern
>
> "I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless
> enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as
> though it had an underlying truth."
>   -- Umberto Eco
> _______________________________________________
> SciPy-User mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
_______________________________________________
SciPy-User mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user