package hint: pyspread

Timmie
Administrator
Hello,
Interactive and visual analysis and editing can be desired in some
situations.

I just found a new contendor in this areas:

PySpread
http://pyspread.sourceforge.net/

A similar approach to ResolverOne but natively working with Python (not
IronPython), free and more trageted towards science.

Really worth a look!

Kind ragards,
Timmie

Re: package hint: pyspread

josef.pktd
On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Tim Michelsen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> Interactive and visual analysis and editing can be desired in some
> situations.
>
> I just found a new contendor in this areas:
>
> PySpread
> http://pyspread.sourceforge.net/
>
> A similar approach to ResolverOne but natively working with Python (not
> IronPython), free and more trageted towards science.
>
> Really worth a look!
>
> Kind ragards,
> Timmie

In a similar vein, I just looked at the new version of reinteract
http://www.reinteract.org/trac/
which now also runs under windows.

It looks useful for writing documentation and tutorials, it allows
interactive editing and has a "copy as doctest" feature that allows
examples to be directly copied to the docs, instead of piecewise cut
and paste from the command line.