scikits.timeseries ImportError

dhirschfeld
I decided to try installing the latest scipy/numpy which seemed to work fine but
afterwards I got an import error when trying to import the timeseries module.

Upgrading my timeseries to the latest:

M:\src\timeseries>svn up
Fetching external item into 'scikits\timeseries\doc\sphinxext'
External at revision 7375.
At revision 2216.

Still resulted in the same error:

Python 2.5.4 (r254:67916, Dec 23 2008, 15:10:54) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
'1.4.0.dev7375'
'0.8.0.dev5920'
RuntimeError: FATAL: module compiled aslittle endian, but detected different
endianness at runtime
RuntimeError: FATAL: module compiled aslittle endian, but detected different
endianness at runtime
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\dev\bin\Python25\Lib\site-packages\scikits\timeseries\__init__.py",
line 13, in <module>
    import const
  File "C:\dev\bin\Python25\Lib\site-packages\scikits\timeseries\const.py", line
79, in <module>
    from cseries import freq_constants
ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import

Whereas from the interpreter it appears to work:

cseries appears to be a C file so I'm a bit stumped as to how to debug further.
Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave

Re: scikits.timeseries ImportError

Bruce Southey
On 09/10/2009 07:29 AM, Dave wrote:

> I decided to try installing the latest scipy/numpy which seemed to work fine but
> afterwards I got an import error when trying to import the timeseries module.
>
> Upgrading my timeseries to the latest:
>
> M:\src\timeseries>svn up
> Fetching external item into 'scikits\timeseries\doc\sphinxext'
> External at revision 7375.
> At revision 2216.
>
> Still resulted in the same error:
>
> Python 2.5.4 (r254:67916, Dec 23 2008, 15:10:54) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
> win32
> '1.4.0.dev7375'
> '0.8.0.dev5920'
> RuntimeError: FATAL: module compiled aslittle endian, but detected different
> endianness at runtime
> RuntimeError: FATAL: module compiled aslittle endian, but detected different
> endianness at runtime
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<stdin>", line 1, in<module>
>    File "C:\dev\bin\Python25\Lib\site-packages\scikits\timeseries\__init__.py",
> line 13, in<module>
>      import const
>    File "C:\dev\bin\Python25\Lib\site-packages\scikits\timeseries\const.py", line
> 79, in<module>
>      from cseries import freq_constants
> ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import
> |>>>

> Whereas from the interpreter it appears to work:

> cseries appears to be a C file so I'm a bit stumped as to how to debug further.
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

If the numpy and scipy tests run then it is the timeseries scikit. I do
not use timeseries nor windows so I do not know if you are using a
binary version or built it from source. In the former case it probably
means it was compiled for earlier numpy/scipy versions so you probably
have to built it from source yourself. If you built it from source, then
I suspect that you have not removed all traces of the old timeseries
scikit and/or have not correctly built it from source - like removing
the build directory.

Bruce

Re: scikits.timeseries ImportError

David Huard
Dave,

Have you removed the build/ directory before reinstalling timeseries ?

David

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Dave <[hidden email]> wrote:
I decided to try installing the latest scipy/numpy which seemed to work fine but
afterwards I got an import error when trying to import the timeseries module.

Upgrading my timeseries to the latest:

M:\src\timeseries>svn up
Fetching external item into 'scikits\timeseries\doc\sphinxext'
External at revision 7375.
At revision 2216.

Still resulted in the same error:

Python 2.5.4 (r254:67916, Dec 23 2008, 15:10:54) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
'1.4.0.dev7375'

David Huard <david.huard <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dave, Have you removed the build/ directory before reinstalling timeseries

No, I recompiled but forgot to remove the build directory first. It's working
now - obviously time for a cup of coffee!

Thanks Bruce/David & sorry for the noise...

-Dave

Re: scikits.timeseries ImportError

John Salvatier
I had a similar error a little while ago, and I got around it by recompiling the problem package with the new numpy/scipy already installed. I also had a possibly related problem with getting bus errors on import that went away after I recompiled the packages except in the case of Matplotlib, which I had to revert to v.98.

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:29:47 +0000 (UTC)
From: Dave <[hidden email]>
Subject: [SciPy-User] scikits.timeseries  ImportError
To: [hidden email]

I decided to try installing the latest scipy/numpy which seemed to work fine but
afterwards I got an import error when trying to import the timeseries module.

Upgrading my timeseries to the latest:

M:\src\timeseries>svn up
Fetching external item into 'scikits\timeseries\doc\
sphinxext'
External at revision 7375.
At revision 2216.

Still resulted in the same error:

Python 2.5.4 (r254:67916, Dec 23 2008, 15:10:54) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
'1.4.0.dev7375'