scikits.timeseries: how to exclude year from plots?

scikits.timeseries: how to exclude year from plots?

Timmie
Administrator
Hello,
when plotting a timeseries from a long-term year [1] on, for example, monthly
frequency, the data is independant of the year.

How can I exclude the year figure from being plotted on the x-axis?

For example:
how to I subpress the year number 2009 in the following picture:
http://pytseries.sourceforge.net/_images/zoom3.png

[1] long-term year: average created from 10 years of data. Think of average
temperature per month for the last decade.

Thanks in advance for your hints,
Timmie

Re: scikits.timeseries: how to exclude year from plots?

Pierre GM-2

On Mar 5, 2009, at 9:15 AM, Timmie wrote:

> Hello,
> when plotting a timeseries from a long-term year [1] on, for
> example, monthly
> frequency, the data is independant of the year.
>
> How can I exclude the year figure from being plotted on the x-axis?

Timmie,
I'm afraid it si not currently possible w/ timeseries. I'll try to see
what we can do.
Meanwhile, if you don't need the interactive ticks that tsfigure
provides, don't use it: just plot your (12,) monthly or (365,) daily
series using the standard commands of matplotlib, and set the ticks
yourself. That should be straightforward w/ a monthly series, that
might be a bit trickier w/ a daily series (ticks should be placed at
0, 31, 60, 91, 121...)