scikity.timeseries: Report options question

scikity.timeseries: Report options question

Timmie
Administrator
Hello,

I noticed that if header_row is specified,
a header_char='-' is added automatically.
I had to add header_char='' to subpress it.

Is this wanted?

According to
http://pytseries.sourceforge.net/lib.report.html
#scikits.timeseries.lib.reportlib.Report

This should be optional.

Kind regards,
Timmie

Re: scikity.timeseries: Report options question

Matt Knox-4
Tim Michelsen <timmichelsen <at> gmx-topmail.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I noticed that if header_row is specified,
> a header_char='-' is added automatically.
> I had to add header_char='' to subpress it.
>
> Is this wanted?
>
> According to
> http://pytseries.sourceforge.net/lib.report.html
> #scikits.timeseries.lib.reportlib.Report
>
> This should be optional.
>
> Kind regards,
> Timmie

Yes, this is intended. The documentation for that parameter is:

'''
header_char : {“-“, str}, optional

    Character to be used for the row separator line between the header and
    first row of data. Specify None for no separator. This is ignored if
    header_row is not specified.
'''

and the documentation convention is that the first value listed is the default
value when it is an optional parameter. So not specifying anything is equivalent
to specifying header_char="-"

Re: scikity.timeseries: Report options question

Timmie
Administrator
> Yes, this is intended. The documentation for that parameter is:
>
> '''
> header_char : {“-“, str}, optional
>
>     Character to be used for the row separator line between the header and
>     first row of data. Specify None for no separator. This is ignored if
>     header_row is not specified.
> '''

Sorry, totally overlooked the last sentence.
I presume that Pierre didn't answer my question because of this...

Its that I am porting my code step-by-step from the state
of timeseries before the upgrade to numpy 1.3.

I have to say that the new functions are just great!
genfromtxt makes using new data just  a matter
of creating a new dateconverter.
And convert to annual is just a nice convenience, too.

Kind regards,
Timmie