wrong compiler selected?

Robert Cimrman
Hi,

This is a follow-up to "rev 4595 broken" thread.

I got numpy to compile, as I explained (but the e-mail has not arrived
yet). Now I have another problem:

building 'scipy.sparse.sparsetools._csr' extension
compiling C++ sources
C compiler: i486-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG
-fPIC

creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.4/scipy/sparse
creating build/temp.linux-i686-2.4/scipy/sparse/sparsetools
compile options:
'-I/home/share/software/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/core/include
-I/usr/include/python2.4 -c'
i486-pc-linux-gnu-g++: scipy/sparse/sparsetools/csr_wrap.cxx
scipy/sparse/sparsetools/csr_wrap.cxx: In function 'int
require_size(PyArrayObject*, npy_intp*, int)':
scipy/sparse/sparsetools/csr_wrap.cxx:2902: error: expected `)' before
'PRIdPTR'
scipy/sparse/sparsetools/csr_wrap.cxx:2909: error: expected `)' before
'PRIdPTR'

It looks like NPY_USE_C99_FORMATS is set to one, causing 'PRIdPTR'
instead of 'd' to be used in NPY_INTP_FMT

Is this a problem of numpy compiler selection, or else?

SciPy compiles fine when I tweaked this manually.

r.

Re: wrong compiler selected?

cdavid
Robert Cimrman wrote:
> It looks like NPY_USE_C99_FORMATS is set to one, causing 'PRIdPTR'
> instead of 'd' to be used in NPY_INTP_FMT
>
> Is this a problem of numpy compiler selection, or else?
>
> SciPy compiles fine when I tweaked this manually.

Nothing to do with the compiler. I added this change to numpy and did
not think about checking how c++ reacted to this. It should work with a
recent svn update of numpy (>=r5614).

cheers,

David

Re: wrong compiler selected?

Robert Cimrman
David Cournapeau wrote:

> Robert Cimrman wrote:
>> It looks like NPY_USE_C99_FORMATS is set to one, causing 'PRIdPTR'
>> instead of 'd' to be used in NPY_INTP_FMT
>>
>> Is this a problem of numpy compiler selection, or else?
>>
>> SciPy compiles fine when I tweaked this manually.
>>

> Nothing to do with the compiler. I added this change to numpy and did
> not think about checking how c++ reacted to this. It should work with a
> recent svn update of numpy (>=r5614).

Thanks David, it works now.

r.